Sunday, May 6, 2012

NASCAR-Talladega

My original intent was to start this weeks NASCAR/Talladega post with Friday's ARCA race.  Unfortunately I did not see the race so I will leave it to others to comment.  I am looking at possibly doing a post all about ARCA.  It may include looking back to the days of long gone ARCA memories with drivers such as Igga katona, USAC's Jack Bowsher and Butch Hartman, and NASCAR champ Benny Parsons.

I felt that Saturday's Nationwide race was excellent.  It contained a strange mix of 2x2 tandem racing, pack racing and single file racing.  Kudos to Joey Lagano for passing Kyle Busch in the last 100 feet to win by half a car length. Nice drives were seen by Danica Patrick and especially Dale Earnhardt Jr. As I write this I am not sure of the condition of Eric McClure after a wicked hit into the inside safer barrier during a late race crash.  He hopefully is okay.

Sunday's Aaron's 499 held my interest throughout.  Once again you saw 2x2 tandems, a lot of pack racing, and some nose to tail single file racing as well.  The fastest car, Matt Kenseth's #17 did not win.  I think when he and teammate Greg Biffle moved to the inside lane, it just opened up the perfect scenario for winner Brad Keslowski and runner-up Kyle Busch to pull away.  This event should satisfy many NASCAR fans as there was at least as much crashing as racing in the late stages of the event.

Next week "The Lady in Black", Darlington.

No comments:

Post a Comment