Thursday, May 3, 2012

Visiting Yesterday...Today...Again

A while back I wrote a post where I displayed just a few of my images from the 1970s and 1980s.  I begged your understanding as the images I showed were made from b&w and color prints that I found in a box.  The prints were faded, scratched and bent.  I made some simple copies of them in 2006, and those files are what I shared with you. It is difficult for me to show images like that because I had been a professional photographer and it is a bit painful to show images in that poor of condition.  Well I showed the best of the lot at that time and today I have decided to show some of the worst.  I have used software to make them a little bit more viewable, but I ask you to understand that these images are very bad.

Championship dirt car (Silvercrown now).  1987 at the mile dirt in Springfield, Illinois.


Early 1990s sprint car action from Wilmot, Wisconsin Speedway



The legendary Sam Ard.  NASCAR Nationwide-Grand National-Late Model Sportsman race at the Milwaukee Mile.  1982 I believe.


Yes there once were convertible stock cars.  This is the 1972 Red, White & Blue Series from Wisconsin International Raceway in Kaukauna, WI.  Roger Regeth is driving a 1969 Camaro out of the Chicago area.

Tom Reffner in his 1968 Mustang at the same race.

Thank you very much

No comments:

Post a Comment